I caught the train to Hiro-o station on the Hibiya Line which was as simple as catching it from our local Shinjuku-sanchome station (on the Marunouchi Line indicated by a red circle around an "M") and changing to the Hibiya Line (Gray circle around a "H") at Kasuigaseki station. Don't I sound like an expert? hahaha Especially compared to day one when we got totally bamboozled by Shinjuku station. Oh, no, now we've learnt to use the handy subway maps, of which there is one for each company which operates a subway, and we learnt not to buy tickets from the wrong company machines. Now it is quite simple to do your homework the night before, figure out where you want to go, and plan which line to take and whether any changes are needed.
In the case of Hiro-o there were several options so walking up to a handy attendant next to the ticket booths and pointing at Hiro-o on the map gave simple instructions. The maps above the ticket machines are easy to use, too, simply showing how many Yen you need to buy a ticket for to reach your desired destination.
Of course to get inside one of our Temples you need a current Temple Recommend which Mr Prepared remembered to pack but then Mr Rushed Out The Door left back at the flat. I realised this as the train pulls into Hiro-o station so straight over the the other platform and back to the flat to retrieve the necessary Recommend.
Eventually, fully prepared, I arrive at Hiro-o station and head through Minato towards the Temple. I knew from Google Streetview at home and maps obviously that it was opposite a park and also in the area where several Embassies (including the Australian Embassy) are located. So as I turned the corner it was wonderful to see the Temple in the distance, with the golden statue of Angel Moroni on top of the spire.


Being Golden Week as expected even the Temple was busy. I enjoyed observing the arrival of groups of families and friends out the front of the Temple and spotted two young ladies in kimonos taking selfies out the front. I asked them if I could take a photo of them, to which they agreed. Note selfie-stick still in hand!
After attending the Temple I met India in the park over the road which had a large lake full of fish and surrounded by turtles. We bought some lunch nearby and ate it in the park. Unfortunately I failed in my duties to take photos of our food prior to consumption. Will do better next time.
On the way back to the station we passed the second smallest McDonald's I have ever seen. The smallest was next to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

Now back on the train to Roppongi where we went up 52 floors to the observation deck and also someone wanted to see the Sailor Moon exhibit.






No comments:
Post a Comment